Thursday, January 10, 2008

First Post, First Pose

The image below is the first in a series of hopefully daily poses using one of my available rigged characters. The idea is to create one pose every weekday (five per week) with time off for good behavior on the weekends. Each pose will be based of some predetermined action or emotion. I chose "happiness" for the first idea. When I think of happiness, I can't help but think of Gene Kelly's "Singin' in the Rain" dance sequence, so I used that as my inspiration for this pose. This character model is based off a Preston Blair design from his book Cartoon Animation.


Signin' in the Rain (minus the rain)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats for your new blog!Fresssssssssssshhhhh!

Anonymous said...

I had a crazy dream last night in which you told me that your car exploded and that you had narrowly escaped. You even had a video of the car exploding. The best part was that in the video, you could see that the dude in the passenger seat didn't escape, and was instantly reduced to a burning skeleton like in Terminator 2.

It's probably a sign or something. A sign about the blogosphere.

It's probably a good sign.

Mike said...

Hey I've never commented on a blog before!... I guess there is a first time for everything.

So, I woke up this morning grumpy, took a look at what you posted, and now "I'm HAPPY again! Got a smile on my face... etc. etc."

awesome! Happy it is.

Casey Richardson said...

Chris: That's a damn awesome dream. In my dream last night I found an opened pack of Mentos on the floor. But when I went to eat them, the candies were all covered in dirt so I threw them away.